The client is one of India’s leading providers of comprehensive healthcare services. The organization has a network of 14 hospitals, offers treatment across 29 specialties, has 2300+ leading doctors and over 3 million patients.
- Healthcare incidents were recorded manually and then converted to spreadsheets taking a longer time
- The incidents were not captured in a structured way
- Lack of comprehensive incident information led to incomplete investigations.
- The manual process of generating reports and reviewing KPIs across locations led to error-prone and inefficient operations
Specific requirements of the client included:
- The platform should be easy to use and avoid errors in incident categorization
- Incident to be tagged to the patient with complete accuracy
- Details to be captured differs significantly for different type of incidents, same time it should have every detail required for right investigation and future analysis
- Quality indicators related to incident management calculation should be a click away
- Reduce the burden of quality team to drive investigations and communication
HxCentral digitized and automated the quality process and indicators first. This enabled the client to capture incidents without any manual errors.
Our healthcare and technology experts worked with the client and identified the parameters that impacts faster and easier adoption and diligently followed the process.
Key areas of the solution include:
- Designed a comprehensive three-level incident categories with the operational terminologies in use currently
- HxCentral quick templates complete the category selection in a single click
- Online integration with HIS system enabled the HxCentral APIs to automatically fill the patient details
- Dynamic forms based on type of incident made it easy to use and encouraged the staff to capture complete incident details
- Implemented intelligent reports to give KPIs and the key reasons impacting patient safety for every location
- Set SLAs according to categories and automated notifications and escalations till the complete process is solved
100% visibility and drive of incidents, RCAs and CAPAs across locations
High quality of incident logging and comprehensive details captured
Significant improvement in incident logging compliance
Online and real-time view of key indicators and results
Significant reduction in overall incidents as the investigation and follow ups are accurate and thorough
Start a 30-Day Free Trial !
No Credit Card Required.